- Type 1 diabetics need insulin injections. The benefits of exercises for these people depend on the quantity and type of insulin they take. If their blood sugar level is 259 mg / dl with ketones or if the blood sugar level alone is 300 m.g. or above, avoid exercising.
- If the glucose level in the blood is less than 100 mg, take a little / sufficient quantity of starchy food and then only start to exercise.
- The site of insulin injection should be in the non exercising part of the body. The dose is to be reduced when exercise in anticipated. The reduction in dosage has to be done in consultation with your doctor.
- Avoid exercising during peak insulin action.
- Keep carbo - hydrate food nearby and within reach, while exercising. In case of hypoglycemia, this could be of help.
- Warm - up before the exercises by doing simple, known warm - up exercises.
For the attention of Type - 2 diabetics
- The benefits of exercises for type 2 diabetics are substantial. When exercises are associated with diet regimen, weight could be shed.
- The tips given above for type 1 diabetics apply to Type 2 diabetics also.
- Only after consulting your doctor, you should start your exerise programme.
- What you should know
- Before exercising, check your blood - sugar level. Start with low - intensity exercises at least for 10 minutes in the beginning and gradually increases the intensity and duration. Do not over do. Over exertion could be risky.
- Diabetics afflicted with peripheral neuropathy are advised to avoid running, tread mill and jogging. Instead they can go for swimming and cycling.
- Do not exercise immediately after meals.
- Drink water before and after exercise
- Stop exercising if you feel tired, weak, chest pain, breathless and nervous tremors. Call your doctor.
- Do not eat or drink water during exercises.
- Women are advised not to exercise during their monthly periods.
- Walking is the best and simple exercise. Start walking a KM initally, and increase the distance slowly. A walk for 30 minutes is sufficient to decrease blood sugar. Before walking light snacks can be taken. Wear corret fitting socks and foot wear. Those with foot sores can go for swimning.
Herbal Supplement for Diabetes
If you are happy with the present allopathic treatment which you are taking or perhaps you want to take some Ayurvedic or Herbal Supplement for Diabetes along with your present medicine, or if your Sugar level is not too high to take medicines but you are .
Cinnamon Capsule contains Cinnamon bark. Cinnamon Capsule has a remarkable pharmacological effects in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and High Cholesterol Levels. Cinnamon disables certain enzymes